In 2017 we consolidated the three Athena SWAN action plans from which our annual priorities are set. The ten priorities for 2018 are:
1. Develop a comprehensive Equality & Diversity training plan
2. Publish a programme of speed-networking events
3. Further develop family friendly working arrangements
4. Develop guidance on time and capacity management
5. Develop guidance for staff on fixed term contracts
6. Publish a comprehensive communications plan
7. Integrate Equality & Diversity requirements into all job descriptions and person specification templates
8. Establish a budget for Athena SWAN activities
9. Roll out LSTM mentor scheme
10. Continuously review and improve Human Resources policies
We recognise that gender equality is a complex issue, and by drawing the Athena SWAN Charter into the wider equality and diversity agenda we are committed to developing our understanding of how gender intersects with other protected characteristics as well as culture, caring, health and wellbeing.
This approach is an important step towards meeting our goal of achieving Athena SWAN silver award for the institution by 2020.