Nationality and Right to Study Requirements
Fellowship Funding is ONLY available to nationals of countries and territories that are eligible to receive Overseas Development Assistance (ODA). A list of countries and territories that are eligible for ODA is available here.
We are unable to accept applications from candidates from high income countries as stipulated above. Nationality and location will be determined via the information provided within your application. Candidates must also be able to demonstrate that they have right to study in the country that the project is based for which they wish to be considered at the time of application. Applications from candidates that do not meet nationality and right to study requirements will be rejected upon receipt.
- Obtained (or expected to obtain) an honours degree (minimum Upper Second) and/or a master’s degree in a relevant subject (International qualifications need to be of equivalent standard, as defined by NARIC)
- OR, in exceptional cases, Professional registration (e.g. Midwife, Nurse or Allied Health Professional) and substantial, demonstrable work at postgraduate level (including research methods training) undertaken for the equivalent of one-year full-time.
- Specific criteria and experience will be listed in the individual project information
The PhD programme at LSTM is delivered in English and you must ensure that you meet LSTM’s English language entry requirements so that you have the skills to pursue your chosen course of study successfully and can participate in all aspects of academic life.
You must ensure that you meet LSTM’s English Language Requirements before you apply. Further details can be accessed here: https://www.lstmed.ac.uk/study/international-and-eu-students/english-language-requirements
PhD programmes will offer combination of in person and remote learning, to maximise flexibility but are offered on a full-time study basis. Therefore, students must also demonstrate in their application the time and commitment for PhD study:
- Full time hours availability for the three-year programme
- If seconded from employment, support, and approval from your employer for study time
- Consistent computer and IT access
- Internet connection, up to date windows software, webcam and microphone