The purpose of the Liverpool LSTM of Tropical Medicine’s and it’s subsidiaries (LSTM) Procurement Strategy is to support and complement the LSTM’s Vision, Mission and Values. Particular attention will be given to supporting the LSTM’s strategic objectives by:
- Provide procurement expertise and support across the LSTM
- Provide contracts giving best value for money for across LSTM
- Ensure that the LSTM’s Procurement Policy and Procedures are up to date and fit for purpose
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation
- Protect the business interests of LSTM.
The LSTM’s strategic objectives will be supported by the following specific procurement objectives. Procurement will:
- Identify and disseminate information and advice on good procurement practice.
- Ensure quality assurance through the use of procurement management and information systems.
- Promote co-operative procurement arrangements between affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Measure the performance and effectiveness of procurement by application of the sector’s Efficiency Measurement and Tender Evaluation Models.
- Promote procurement practices that recognise our environmental responsibilities and contribute to environmental sustainability and social value.
- Improve training and skills of those involved in procurement.
- Manage risk effectively throughout the supply chain.
- Analyse supplier expenditure and manage supplier relationships to maximise best value.
- Promote the use of e-procurement.