1st Knowledge Management and Learning Event
Programme "Quality Improvement of Integrated HIV, TB and Malaria Services in ANC/PNC"
From 12-14 September 2022, LSTM hosted the first Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) Event of the Quality Improvement of Integrated HIV, TB and Malaria Services in ANC and PNC programme, funded by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria with financing from Takeda Pharmaceutical in Liverpool.
The event brought together researchers from the 5 implementing countries (Chad, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania & Togo), representatives from Ministry of Health (MoH), research partners, the Global Fund and LSTM UK.
The three-day event was an opportunity to:
- Share the results from our research into Quality Improvement of integrated HIV, TB and Malaria services in ANC and PNC,
- Facilitate cross learning across the research teams and implementing countries,
- Increase awareness of Global Fund funding opportunities for LSTM and Research Partners,
- Launch the innovative Blended Learning Approach to continuing professional development (CPD) for health care professionals,
- Launch the Engaging Communities in Improving the Quality of ANC & PNC in Africa Podcast
Delegates from the partner countries summarizing the events expectations and take aways:
Day 1: Dr Farhat Jowhar Khalid, Programme Manager, Integrated Reproductive and Child Health Programme, Ministry of Health Zanzibar, Tanzania
Day 2: Lucy Nyaga, Country Director, LSTM Kenya
Day 3: Dr Salma Abdi Mahmoud, Doctor, The State University of Zanzibar, Tanzania