Global Health Trials Unit
The Global Health Trials Unit (GHTU) is a specialist unit with an international outlook and focus. We design, conduct, analyse, and publish global health trials in low and middle-income countries (LMICs).
Our expert statistical, epidemiological, and other methodological advice supports many successful trials whilst benefiting from LSTM’s experience in wide-ranging research.
We welcome enquires from potential collaborators and trials researchers looking to carry out similar work.
GHTU advises on all aspects of study design and implementation including trial registration, methods, publication, and results reporting.
We also provide consultancy and guidance on study costing and working with funders.
Our support and assistance includes:
- Study design, covering various methodology and services.
- Trial management, with overseas and multi-site research.
- Data management, sharing, analysis and interpretation.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for effective management and safety of clinical trials, particularly in resource poor settings.
- Support in writing scientific papers, publication and reporting (both to donors and funders).
- Research Governance, Governance Oversight and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) along with LSTM key departments.
- We work closely with LSTM’s Research Management Services in all steps of the process.
An integral part of our work involves consortium partnerships. Most recent GHTU collaborators are based in the UK, South Africa, Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Norway and China amongst others.