Infectious diseases clinician and researcher with research, humanitarian and clinical experience on four continents. Currently researching causes of fever in adults and children in low and middle income countries with the FIEBRE study as study doctor and site PI in Chikwawa, Malawi.
Honorary consultant Royal Liverpool Hospital
Research associate and honorary teaching fellow Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
Clinical and Research Interests
- Clinical excellence in resource poor environments
- Ebola virus disease and emerging infectious diseases
- Epidemiology, aetiology and management of PUO and sepsis in the tropics
- Rheumatic heart disease: management and prevention
- Malnutrition: management, prevention
- Post discharge mortality
- Teach on the Liverpool School of Tropical medicine DTM&H course
- Accredited educational and clinical supervisor by the University of Liverpool.
- From September 2014 until January 2015: Gambia’s Ebola infection prevention and control trainer of trainers including Ebola virus disease.
- Teach on the Masters of Public Health, Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Wrote and supervised the MRC’s Ebola infection prevention and control and case management drills which have been reviewed by international observers.
- An examiner for the University of The Gambia Medical School final MB practical and written exams