Equity & Inclusion at LSTM
Equity & Inclusion Objectives
As part of our statutory obligations, we are required to publish one or more equality objectives that align with the priorities identified in our annual reporting.
Our objectives for 2021 are:
- We will improve our data capturing methods to ensure that we can make effective evidence-based decisions
- We will develop our new Inclusion Strategy for 2021-2025 using broad stakeholder engagement, to provide a plan for our priority areas over the next four years
- We will prepare our Athena SWAN submission for assessment in 2022 to ensure that we are successfully identifying and minimising barriers to progression for our staff and students.
- We will develop an internal Race Equality Advisory Panel and work with an external consultant to prepare a sector-leading, achievable but ambitious race equity action plan to be embedded into our Inclusion Strategy.
- We will support the development of internal staff and student-led equity-related networks.
- Aligned with our Gender & Ethnicity Pay Gap Report 2021, we will work towards our target of a 50% reduction in the gender pay gap by 2026, and work with our Race Equality Advisory Panel to improve our understanding of our inverse Ethnicity Pay Gap.
We are fortunate to have committed and active colleagues leading our networks at LSTM. These networks are grassroots-led, have formal representation on our Equity & Diversity Committee, and are key stakeholders for consultation on new policies and practices. The networks work with the School, but are separate entities and help to hold us to account, and drive change.